The Indian Premier League (IPL) is a world-famous cricket league and one of the most popular leagues. The Orange Cap, awarded to the player with the most points in a season, is one of the most prestigious titles in the IPL.
Over the years, since the league's inception in 2008, several batsmen have won this coveted title. Let's look at the list of players with the most runs in the IPL.
But before moving on to the record holders, we want to remind you that the start of the league is just around the corner, and if you plan to make money on bets this season, then it's time to join Ek bet sports betting platform, whose experts helped to compile this list of record holders.
Orange Cap Winners
The Orange Cap is an award in cricket given to the batsman with the most points in a particular Indian Premier League season. The cap was introduced in the inaugural season of the IPL in 2008 and has since become one of the tournament's most prestigious awards.
The list of Orange Cap winners from 2008 to 2022 includes some of the biggest names in international cricket.
In the tournament's first season, Sean Marsh won the first-ever orange cap while playing for Kings XI Punjab. He scored 616 runs in just 11 matches with an average of 68.44.
|2022||Jos Buttler||Rajasthan Royals||863|
The orange cap is passed from one batsman to another as the tournament progresses, with the cap holder being the batsman with the most points up to that point. At the end of the match, the batsman with the most runs is awarded a permanent orange cap to symbolize their achievement.
Interesting facts about the owners of the Orange Cap of different years:
- EPL's most prolific scorer, Chris Gale, has won the Orange Cap three times but has never been named a Player of the Tournament.
- Michael Hussay of the Chennai Super Kings 2013 became the oldest player to win the Orange Cap. He was 37 at the time
- In 2021 Ruthuraj Gaikwad of Chennai Super Kings became the first Indian player to win the Orange Cap in the last 5 years
- Other than Chris Gale, only two other players in IPL history have won the Orange Cap twice: David Warner of the Sunrisers Hyderabad and Virat Kohli of the Kings of Bengaluru
- The seventh season of the IPL in 2014 marked the first time two players shared the Orange Cap. Robin Utappa and David Warner each scored 660 points, but Utappa won the award because he did it at the best average speed
- The most runs were made in the 2016 season, when Virat Kohli then scored 973 points. Since then, only Jos Buttler has come close in 2022. However, he was 110 points short of success
Experts of Ekbet India are convinced that in 2023 will be even more exciting to watch the fight for the orange cap because we are waiting for many surprises, both in the teams and in the IPL 2023 rules, which have changed once again.
Bet on IPL 2023 and the Orange Cap
Orange cap betting is one of the most popular bets on the betting portals in cricket, allowing bettors to predict which player will score the most points during the season.
When placing a bet on the orange cap, professional users recommend considering many factors, such as the player's form, his history in the tournament, the condition of the team, etc. It is also important to follow updates on the condition of the players and their possible injuries.
Many online bookmakers are offering orange cap cricket betting, but before placing bets, you need to choose a reliable provider and familiarize yourself with their terms and conditions.